The Beatles continued filming Help! at Twickenham Film Studio.
Also on this day, NEMS Enterprises announced that the soundtrack to Eight Arms To Hold You, as the film was then called, would follow the format of the US edition of A Hard Day's Night, whereby The Beatles' original recordings would be presented alongside additional instrumental music.
The plan was later abandoned after the group recorded a range of new songs in May and June 1965. However, Capitol Records in North America did release a version of Help! containing mixture of original and intrumental tracks, the latter composed by Ken Thorne and performed by the George Martin Orchestra.
Also on this day...
- 2012: Paul McCartney live at Hallenstadion, Zurich, Switzerland
- 1970: Mixing: The Long And Winding Road, Let It Be, Get Back, Maggie Mae
- 1969: Mixing: Get Back
- 1968: Paul McCartney leaves Rishikesh
- 1964: Filming: A Hard Day’s Night
- 1963: Live: Granada Cinema, Mansfield
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1961: Live: Casbah Coffee Club, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.