This was The Beatles’ 97th lunchtime performance at Liverpool’s Cavern Club.
The group’s lunchtime shows typically lasted from 12-2pm. This was their 160th known appearance overall at the soon-to-be-famous cellar venue on Mathew Street in Liverpool’s city centre, including the evening events.
Also on this day...
- 2012: Paul McCartney live at Hallenstadion, Zurich, Switzerland
- 1976: UK album release: Wings At The Speed Of Sound by Wings
- 1970: Mixing: The Long And Winding Road, Let It Be, Get Back, Maggie Mae
- 1969: Mixing: Get Back
- 1968: Paul McCartney leaves Rishikesh
- 1965: Filming: Help!
- 1964: Filming: A Hard Day’s Night
- 1963: Live: Granada Cinema, Mansfield
- 1961: Live: Casbah Coffee Club, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.