This was The Beatles’ 97th lunchtime performance at Liverpool’s Cavern Club.
The group’s lunchtime shows typically lasted from 12-2pm. This was their 160th known appearance overall at the soon-to-be-famous cellar venue on Mathew Street in Liverpool’s city centre, including the evening events.
Although the precise number of The Beatles’ Cavern performances is not known, they played at least 155 lunchtime and 125 evening shows between 9 February 1961 and 3 August 1963.
Also on this day...
- 2012: Paul McCartney live: Hallenstadion, Zurich, Switzerland
- 1976: UK album release: Wings At The Speed Of Sound by Wings
- 1970: Mixing: The Long And Winding Road, Let It Be, Get Back, Maggie Mae
- 1969: Mixing: Get Back
- 1968: Paul McCartney leaves Rishikesh
- 1965: Filming: Help!
- 1964: Filming: A Hard Day’s Night
- 1963: Live: Granada Cinema, Mansfield
- 1961: Live: Casbah Coffee Club, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.