This was the last of four consecutive days spent filming at the Scala Theatre in London.
After this date The Beatles enjoyed an Easter break before returning to the Scala on 31 March. In between, John and Cynthia Lennon went with George Harrison and Pattie Boyd to Dromolan Castle in County Clare, Ireland. Ringo Starr spent the weekend at Woburn Abbey as the guest of Lord Rudolph Russell, and Paul McCartney remained in London.
Also on this day...
- 2012: Paul McCartney live at Hallenstadion, Zurich, Switzerland
- 1976: UK album release: Wings At The Speed Of Sound by Wings
- 1970: Mixing: The Long And Winding Road, Let It Be, Get Back, Maggie Mae
- 1969: Mixing: Get Back
- 1968: Paul McCartney leaves Rishikesh
- 1965: Filming: Help!
- 1963: Live: Granada Cinema, Mansfield
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1961: Live: Casbah Coffee Club, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.