Just over a month after they performed at Mansfield’s Granada Cinema on the Helen Shapiro tour, The Beatles returned for the final time, as part of the Tommy Roe and Chris Montez tour.
Whereas in February the group were hoping the ‘Please Please Me’ single would be a success, this time around they’d just released the album of the same name, and their fortunes looked much more positive.
Also on this day...
- 2012: Paul McCartney live at Hallenstadion, Zurich, Switzerland
- 1970: Mixing: The Long And Winding Road, Let It Be, Get Back, Maggie Mae
- 1969: Mixing: Get Back
- 1968: Paul McCartney leaves Rishikesh
- 1965: Filming: Help!
- 1964: Filming: A Hard Day’s Night
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1961: Live: Casbah Coffee Club, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.