Just over a month after they performed at Mansfield’s Granada Cinema on the Helen Shapiro tour, The Beatles returned for the final time, as part of the Tommy Roe and Chris Montez tour.
Whereas in February the group were hoping the ‘Please Please Me’ single would be a success, this time around they’d just released the album of the same name, and their fortunes looked much more positive.
The Beatles’ setlist on this tour was: ‘Love Me Do’, ‘Misery’, ‘A Taste Of Honey’, ‘Do You Want To Know A Secret’, ‘Please Please Me’ and ‘I Saw Her Standing There’.
Last updated: 7 February 2010
Also on this day...
- 2012: Paul McCartney live: Hallenstadion, Zurich, Switzerland
- 1976: UK album release: Wings At The Speed Of Sound by Wings
- 1970: Mixing: The Long And Winding Road, Let It Be, Get Back, Maggie Mae
- 1969: Mixing: Get Back
- 1968: Paul McCartney leaves Rishikesh
- 1965: Filming: Help!
- 1964: Filming: A Hard Day’s Night
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1961: Live: Casbah Coffee Club, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.
Does anyone know where they stayed overnight following the Mansfield concerts ?
They stayed at the Clifton Hotel on Nursery Street, but spent most of the night at a party in Mansfield Woodhouse, where they got thrown out due to John’s behaviour. At that time, we lived opposite the party but we didn’t know till it was too late DAMN AND DOUBLE DAMN!
Somebody I knew saw them and said they were in the chip shop up the alley next to the cinema and John pinched a chip from her
i saw them at the granada on the tommy roe/chris montez tour……never forgot it.