EMI Studios, Abbey Road
Producer: George Martin
Engineer: Jeff Jarratt
Two months after the Let It Be sessions ended, EMI was keen to release a new Beatles single from the recordings. ‘Get Back’ was chosen, and was mixed in mono on this day.
The four mono mixes were done by balance engineer Jeff Jarratt, after which acetate discs were cut ready for the single’s pressing. However, it was remixed at Paul McCartney’s insistence on 7 April 1969, meaning this day’s work was left unused.
Last updated: 7 July 2022
Also on this day...
- 2012: Paul McCartney live: Hallenstadion, Zurich, Switzerland
- 1976: UK album release: Wings At The Speed Of Sound by Wings
- 1970: Mixing: The Long And Winding Road, Let It Be, Get Back, Maggie Mae
- 1968: Paul McCartney leaves Rishikesh
- 1965: Filming: Help!
- 1964: Filming: A Hard Day’s Night
- 1963: Live: Granada Cinema, Mansfield
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1961: Live: Casbah Coffee Club, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.