On 2 December 1964, Ringo Starr had his tonsils removed at University College Hospital, London.
He had arrived at the hospital the previous day. A record player and records were delivered to his bedside to keep him entertained during his stay.
Also on this day...
- 2009: Paul McCartney live at Color Line Arena, Hamburg
- 1969: George Harrison live at Colston Hall, Bristol with Delaney & Bonnie
- 1969: Mixing: Lady Madonna, Rain, Octopus’s Garden
- 1969: Television: 24 Hours: The World Of John And Yoko – day one
- 1969: John Lennon is interviewed for Man Of The Decade
- 1968: US album release: Wonderwall Music by George Harrison
- 1966: Mixing, editing: Pantomime: Everywhere It’s Christmas
- 1965: George Harrison’s Gretsch guitar is destroyed
- 1963: Live: Grosvenor House, London
- 1963: Television: The Morecambe And Wise Show
- 1962: Live: Embassy Cinema, Peterborough
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.