On 2 December 1964 Starr had his tonsils removed at University College Hospital in London. Security was a problem without the other Beatles present; when they paid a visit the attention from reporters and fans became even greater.
Also on this day...
- 2009: Paul McCartney live at Gelredome, Arnhem
- 1966: Recording, mixing: Strawberry Fields Forever
- 1966: UK album release: A Collection Of Beatles Oldies
- 1965: Live: Odeon Cinema, Birmingham
- 1964: George Harrison and Pattie Boyd fly to the Bahamas
- 1963: Live: Odeon Cinema, Southend-on-Sea
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening) – George Martin watches The Beatles perform
- 1961: Live: Palais Ballroom, Aldershot
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.