The Beatles’ drove through torrential rain for their final concerts in Birmingham, England.
They played two shows at the Odeon Cinema on New Street. Their set was, like the other dates on their final UK tour, 11 songs: I Feel Fine, She’s A Woman, If I Needed Someone, Act Naturally, Nowhere Man, Baby’s In Black, Help!, We Can Work It Out, Yesterday, Day Tripper and I’m Down.
This was The Beatles’ second appearance at Birmingham’s Odeon Cinema. They had previously performed at the venue on 11 October 1964.
Also on this day...
- 2009: Paul McCartney live at Gelredome, Arnhem
- 1966: Recording, mixing: Strawberry Fields Forever
- 1966: UK album release: A Collection Of Beatles Oldies
- 1964: Paul McCartney visits Ringo Starr in hospital
- 1964: George Harrison and Pattie Boyd fly to the Bahamas
- 1963: Live: Odeon Cinema, Southend-on-Sea
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening) – George Martin watches The Beatles perform
- 1961: Live: Palais Ballroom, Aldershot
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.