Ringo Starr’s 10-day stay at London’s University College Hospital came to an end on this day.
He had gone in to have his tonsils removed on 2 December 1964, and his stay in the ward attracted much attention from reporters and fans.
Last updated: 21 April 2010
Also on this day...
- 2011: Paul McCartney live: Ericsson Globe Arena, Stockholm, Sweden
- 2009: Paul McCartney live: Palais Omnisports de Paris-Bercy, Paris, France
- 1976: Album release: Wings Over America by Wings
- 1969: George Harrison live: Falkoner Theatre, Copenhagen with Delaney & Bonnie
- 1969: John Lennon and Yoko Ono meet the parents of A6 Murderer James Hanratty
- 1968: John Lennon rehearses for The Rolling Stones’ Rock And Roll Circus
- 1965: Live: Odeon Cinema, Hammersmith, London
- 1963: Live: Gaumont Cinema, Doncaster
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1961: Live: Hambleton Hall, Liverpool
- 1961: Live: Blue Gardenia Club, London
- 1960: John Lennon leaves Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.
10 days in the hospital to have your tonsils out? What a different world!