This time it was the 31st date of the group's 1963 Autumn Tour. In their dressing room The Beatles gave an interview to Australian radio journalist Dibbs Mather for the BBC Transcription Service, to be broadcast overseas. The interview featured John Lennon reciting his poem Neville Club, and announcing his intention to publish a book of his writings. The recording was first heard in the internationally-broadcast show Dateline London.
The Beatles' setlist in Doncaster contained 10 songs: I Saw Her Standing There, From Me To You, All My Loving, You Really Got A Hold On Me, Roll Over Beethoven, Boys, Till There Was You, She Loves You, Money (That's What I Want) and Twist And Shout.
Also on this day...
- 2011: Paul McCartney live at Ericsson Globe Arena, Stockholm, Sweden
- 2009: Paul McCartney live at Palais Omnisports de Paris-Bercy, Paris, France
- 1969: George Harrison live at Falkoner Theatre, Copenhagen with Delaney & Bonnie
- 1968: John Lennon rehearses for The Rolling Stones’ Rock And Roll Circus
- 1965: Live: Odeon Cinema, Hammersmith, London
- 1964: Ringo Starr leaves hospital
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1961: Live: Hambleton Hall, Liverpool
- 1961: Live: Blue Gardenia Club, London
- 1960: John Lennon leaves Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.