The Beatles’ 30th evening show at the Cavern Club took place on this date.
Overall this was their 90th appearance at the underground Mathew Street venue, including their lunchtime shows.
Also on this day...
- 2009: Paul McCartney live at Color Line Arena, Hamburg
- 1969: George Harrison live at Colston Hall, Bristol with Delaney & Bonnie
- 1969: Mixing: Lady Madonna, Rain, Octopus’s Garden
- 1969: Television: 24 Hours: The World Of John And Yoko – day one
- 1969: John Lennon is interviewed for Man Of The Decade
- 1968: US album release: Wonderwall Music by George Harrison
- 1966: Mixing, editing: Pantomime: Everywhere It’s Christmas
- 1965: George Harrison’s Gretsch guitar is destroyed
- 1964: Ringo Starr’s tonsils are removed
- 1963: Live: Grosvenor House, London
- 1963: Television: The Morecambe And Wise Show
- 1962: Live: Embassy Cinema, Peterborough
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.