Credited to George Harrison & Band/Indian Orchestra, the LP was written and produced by Harrison. Wonderwall Music was the first US album released by Apple Records, and the catalogue number was Apple ST 3350.
The tracklisting was the same as the UK version:
- Red Lady
- Tabla And Pakavaj
- In The Park
- Greasy Legs
- Ski-in And Gat Kirwani
- Dream Scene
- Party Seacombe
- Love Scene
- Cowboy Museum
- Fantasy Sequins
- Glass Box
- On The Bed
- Wonderwall To Be Here
- Singing Ohm
The tracks were recorded in England in December 1967 and in Bombay, India in January 1968, and were virtually all instrumentals. Among the musicians taking part were Ringo Starr and Eric Clapton, although both used pseudonyms – Richie Snare and Eddie Clayton respectively.
Wonderwall Music reached number 49 in the US charts in early 1969.
Also on this day...
- 2009: Paul McCartney live at Color Line Arena, Hamburg
- 1969: George Harrison live at Colston Hall, Bristol with Delaney & Bonnie
- 1969: Mixing: Lady Madonna, Rain, Octopus’s Garden
- 1969: Television: 24 Hours: The World Of John And Yoko – day one
- 1969: John Lennon is interviewed for Man Of The Decade
- 1966: Mixing, editing: Pantomime: Everywhere It’s Christmas
- 1965: George Harrison’s Gretsch guitar is destroyed
- 1964: Ringo Starr’s tonsils are removed
- 1963: Live: Grosvenor House, London
- 1963: Television: The Morecambe And Wise Show
- 1962: Live: Embassy Cinema, Peterborough
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.