Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
6 April 2020
5.22pm
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18182
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
22421sp_Permalink sp_Print

If you know anything about Southern cookin’, you’ll know that “fresh on the palette” aren’t words that it tends to bring to mind. ahdn_george_06

The following people thank Beatlebug for this post:

lovelyritametermaid

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

6 April 2020
5.29pm
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
Forum Posts: 8410
22422sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ayyy, I’m a Yankee!

Perhaps that explains why I find the scenery in and around Maine particularly beautiful…mccartney-shrug_01_gif

Edit:

Ron Nasty said
Me. ahdn_john_08_gif

A tablespoon of a wholegrain mustard, mixed with olive oil and lemon juice, add spring onions (I usually go for 4 or 5), then toss through cooked new potatoes, leaving to cool. Works great with any sliced ham, and fresher on the palette than a lot of mayonnaise potato salads can be.

paul-mccartney-thumb_gifjohn-lennon-salute_gif

Agree – but the quiz (I think) was asking about american style mustard? I couldn’t work it out.

It caused a problem for me – my spud salad dressing has wholegrain mustard and mayo (and vinegar) in it – so both options for the question are present in mine.a-hard-days-night-ringo-14

The following people thank The Hole Got Fixed for this post:

lovelyritametermaid

#AppleHoley2024: Make America Great For The First Time
2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

6 April 2020
5.32pm
Beatlebug

Moderators
22423sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

^If you like seven months of winter… ahdn_george_06

I suspect the seasons in much of the South are somewhat similar to parts of Australia… primarily comprised of summer a-hard-days-night-paul-7

The Hole Got Fixed, lovelyritametermaid

([{BRACKETS!}])
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png

6 April 2020
5.52pm
lovelyritametermaid
You can meet me after heavy rain has fallen
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1445
22424sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

Beatlebug said

I suspect the seasons in much of the South are somewhat similar to parts of Australia… primarily comprised of summer a-hard-days-night-paul-7

I thought about visiting colleges in the South (though not too deep). UNC-Chapel Hill and NC State are on my list but I’m not sure if I would want to pay out-of-state tuition or venture far from home……I like the aesthetic of the North though and I’m comfortable here so I’d probably end up going in-state at either Pitt or Penn State mccartney-shrug_01_gif

The following people thank lovelyritametermaid for this post:

Beatlebug

"....When I cannot sing my heart, I can only speak my mind...." 

"....This ain't no party, this ain't no disco, this ain't no fooling around...."

||She/They ||

6 April 2020
6.29pm
Von Bontee
496 km NW of the '69 Toronto Rock n Roll Revival
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5457
22425sp_Permalink sp_Print

What the hell, living five miles west of the border makes me a Yankee now?? 

Must’ve been the square dancing we did for a week in Grade 5. (We learned the polka and troika too – all much more fun than dodgeball!)

The following people thank Von Bontee for this post:

Beatlebug, Little Piggy Dragonguy, lovelyritametermaid, WeepingAtlasCedars

Paul: Yeah well… first of all, we’re bringing out a ‘Stamp Out Detroit’ campaign.

6 April 2020
7.19pm
Beatlebug

Moderators
22426sp_Permalink sp_Print

@lovelyritametermaid said

I thought about visiting colleges in the South (though not too deep). UNC-Chapel Hill and NC State are on my list but I’m not sure if I would want to pay out-of-state tuition or venture far from home……I like the aesthetic of the North though and I’m comfortable here so I’d probably end up going in-state at either Pitt or Penn State mccartney-shrug_01_gif  

Stay up there, we have enough snowbirds moving down here as it is! a-hard-days-night-george-10

Jk we’d be glad to have you, but I can’t blame you for not wanting to pay out-of-state tuition and being attached to your home turf — as I recall from the one time I drove through it in December, Pennsylvania is a very lovely state, and I’d be attached to it too if I’d grown up there, instead of being attached to here, where I grew up. a-hard-days-night-george-9

lovelyritametermaid

([{BRACKETS!}])
whiteheart.png

6 April 2020
7.48pm
50yearslate
Playing on the roofs again
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 8759
22427sp_Permalink sp_Print

Von Bontee said
What the hell, living five miles west of the border makes me a Yankee now?? 

Must’ve been the square dancing we did for a week in Grade 5. (We learned the polka and troika too – all much more fun than dodgeball!)

I think that would actually count towards the Southerner part…

Glad you enjoyed it, I hated it with every intestine in my body.

lovelyritametermaid said

Beatlebug said

A few southern colleges were recommended to me but I can’t stand humidity… plus it does seem awfully far away. Hopefully I’ll be accepted to a nice selection of in-state colleges.

The following people thank 50yearslate for this post:

lovelyritametermaid, Beatlebug, vonbontee, WeepingAtlasCedars

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

2018:IMG_3980.PNG 2019: 00A040E0-7F67-413C-9CAB-AB4C27EB864A.png 2020:offtopic.png

6 April 2020
7.56pm
lovelyritametermaid
Candlestick Park
Members
22428sp_Permalink sp_Print

50yearslate said

lovelyritametermaid said

Beatlebug said

A few southern colleges were recommended to me but I can’t stand humidity… plus it does seem awfully far away. Hopefully I’ll be accepted to a nice selection of in-state colleges.

Yeah the humidity in the South would be a bit too much for me too (though my hair would look great– in the humidity it tends to get very wavy and curly and hold a lot of volume).

I’m so jealous of you, Fiddy!– you get in-state tuition for all those nice California colleges! I was looking at UCSB, UC Berkely, UC San Diego, and UCLA but as I mentioned before I don’t think paying out-of-state tuition is in my best interest. 

"....This ain't no party, this ain't no disco, this ain't no fooling around...."

||She/They ||

6 April 2020
10.15pm
Beatlebug

Moderators
22429sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

Okay, I’m not saying we should socialize beauty, push for gorgeousness equity, or anything, but if David Bowie could’ve maybe just shared some of his visual and sonic sublimity with the rest of us mortals? Y’know, private charity? It seems kinda mean to have such an utter monopoly on fabosity a-hard-days-night-paul-7

Don’t mind me, just having another late-night fangirling Bowie-binge session ahdn_george_06

lovelyritametermaid

([{BRACKETS!}])
whiteheart.png

7 April 2020
12.43am
ewe2
Inside the beat
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3025
22430sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ron Nasty said
Me. ahdn_john_08_gif

A tablespoon of a wholegrain mustard, mixed with olive oil and lemon juice, add spring onions (I usually go for 4 or 5), then toss through cooked new potatoes, leaving to cool. Works great with any sliced ham, and fresher on the palette than a lot of mayonnaise potato salads can be.

paul-mccartney-thumb_gifjohn-lennon-salute_gif

Could you maybe be a little more specific about quantities, just for my guidance?

The following people thank ewe2 for this post:

Beatlebug

I'm like Necko only I'm a bassist ukulele guitar synthesizer kazoo penguin and also everyone. Or is everyone me? Now I'm a confused bassist ukulele guitar synthesizer kazoo penguin everyone who is definitely not @Joe.  This has been true for 2016 & 2017 Sig-Badge.png but I may have to get more specific in the future.

aus-flag-v-small.png

7 April 2020
11.18am
lovelyritametermaid
Candlestick Park
Members
22431sp_Permalink sp_Print

I leaned Linda up against my bed (for moral support) while I worked at my desk and my 12-year-old doggo Molly came into my room as per usual looking for a nice quiet place to nap. Well, Mols started sniffing around Linda. I smiled and turned around in my chair and said “what are you up to, silly girl? you can’t play guitar.” Mols got excited and whipped her cute little puppy head around, and in the process gently bumped it into Linda and Linda made that guitar-getting-gently-bumped-sound. Mols got spooked by this and wagged her tail, which hit Linda again. The innocent doggo than proceeded to feel very guilty, looked at me with apologetic puppy eyes, and slumped out for the room. It was too cute! Poor old lady puppy felt bad about slightly bumping my guitar (Linda’s fine btw)…..what a considerate baby. heart I think I’ll now go down and give her some consolation pats and a treat a-hard-days-night-paul-7heart

Getbackintheussr, Beatlebug, 50yearslate, The Hole Got Fixed, WeepingAtlasCedars

||She/They ||

7 April 2020
12.20pm
50yearslate
Apple rooftop
Members
22432sp_Permalink sp_Print

lovelyritametermaid said
I leaned Linda up against my bed (for moral support) while I worked at my desk and my 12-year-old doggo Molly came into my room as per usual looking for a nice quiet place to nap. Well, Mols started sniffing around Linda. I smiled and turned around in my chair and said “what are you up to, silly girl? you can’t play guitar.” Mols got excited and whipped her cute little puppy head around, and in the process gently bumped it into Linda and Linda made that guitar-getting-gently-bumped-sound. Mols got spooked by this and wagged her tail, which hit Linda again. The innocent doggo than proceeded to feel very guilty, looked at me with apologetic puppy eyes, and slumped out for the room. It was too cute! Poor old lady puppy felt bad about slightly bumping my guitar (Linda’s fine btw)…..what a considerate baby. heart I think I’ll now go down and give her some consolation pats and a treat a-hard-days-night-paul-7heart

please give her so many hugs

lovelyritametermaid

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

2018:IMG_3980.PNG 2019: 00A040E0-7F67-413C-9CAB-AB4C27EB864A.png 2020:offtopic.png

7 April 2020
2.23pm
Jules
In your wildest dreams
Hollywood Bowl
Members
Forum Posts: 690
22433sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

I just came here to derail a lil bit by showing my disgust at the Buddy Holly thread being closedpaul-mccartneypaul-mccartneypaul-mccartney

‘Cause I got nowhere else to post this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?…..JuVcGipgAs

Does anyone know if these footage is from any documentary, box set, etc.?

FANTASTIC reinterpretation of Holly’s music by a melancholic Lennon from ’72. This versions only shows a glance of the potential Holly’s sound and song-writing had to transitioning during the 60s and 70s and it makes me really sad. But the respect Lennon shows for Holly on his playing and mannerisms warms my heart. One of the warmest Lennon videos in my opinion. You can even hear him at 3:44 saying “a place crash, yeah” answering to Yoko on Holly’s death. Just heartbreaking.

I can’t decide if I prefer Maybe Baby or Peggy Sue, Lennon’s voice fit so good into those songsbeatlemaniacs_02_gif

And like usual, Yoko delivers some of her acclaimed and beloved backing vocalspaul-mccartney-facepalm_gif But still, very wholesome in general.

The following people thank Jules for this post:

lovelyritametermaid, SgtPeppersBulldog

the watusi

the twist

7 April 2020
6.46pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22240
22434sp_Permalink sp_Print

If someone wants to start a Buddy Holly thread in Yesterday and Today that we can use to discuss Holly’s influence on the Beatles (group or solo), that would be fine.

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

Beatlebug, Jules
7 April 2020
7.29pm
Jules
In your wildest dreams
Hollywood Bowl
Members
Forum Posts: 690
22435sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said
If someone wants to start a Buddy Holly thread in Yesterday and Today that we can use to discuss Holly’s influence on the Beatles (group or solo), that would be fine.

tenor-1.gifImage Enlarger

The following people thank Jules for this post:

lovelyritametermaid, QuarryMan, Ahhh Girl, SgtPeppersBulldog, WeepingAtlasCedars

the watusi

the twist

8 April 2020
11.26am
lovelyritametermaid
Candlestick Park
Members
22436sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

QuarryMan, Beatlebug, SgtPeppersBulldog, The Hole Got Fixed, WeepingAtlasCedars

||She/They ||

8 April 2020
1.21pm
50yearslate
Apple rooftop
Members
22437sp_Permalink sp_Print

lovelyritametermaid said
a-hard-days-night-paul-7

OH NO

lovelyritametermaid

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

8 April 2020
4.21pm
Beatlebug

Moderators
22438sp_Permalink sp_Print

Yeah, he’s about as scary and plastic-looking as latter-day MJ (no disrespect to the King of Pop or his fans, he had a rough last several years —

[long-winded tangent under spoiler]

the other day I learned that he had such bad insomnia that his doctor just gave him general anaesthesia every night, which means that from a psychological standpoint, he didn’t actually sleep for years paul-mccartneypaul-mccartneypaul-mccartneypaul-mccartney)

lovelyritametermaid, The Hole Got Fixed, WeepingAtlasCedars

([{BRACKETS!}])
whiteheart.png

8 April 2020
4.56pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
22439sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

Oh, it’s another Michael Jackson comment *breathes in*.

I’m in the middle of an essay so I can’t actually write that much but:

If there was a ever picture-perfect case of body dysphoria, it’s Michael Jackson.

Constantly being called “big nose” by his father, mocked by his brothers for his big nose. He was a sensitive guy and his father was an abusive asshole, so those hit home.

Had terrible acne as a teenager, that a woman who was a fan of The Jackson 5, when she saw him said “ewww what happened?”

Falls down, breaks his nose, likes the way his nose looks now that it was fitted properly by a doctor…decided nose surgery was a good idea.

Gets the back of his scalp destroyed by burns during filming for a Pepsi commercial, loses substantial part of his hair due to scar tissue- has to wear wigs and hair extensions for the rest of his life because Michael Jackson can’t be bald!! (Which led to his pain killer addiction and his dependency on tranquilisers as Bebu mentioned).

Starts to get a skin condition that destroys the pigment in his skin in his early-20’s. This is the ’80’s, nobody is going to want to work with that guy who has “the weird skin disease”, let alone be near him, especially a BLACK artist (he was the first black artist to really get through to MTV, Billie Jean was requested so much that they had to continuously show it….it took until 1983 for MTV to have a black artist on continuous rotation). Starts getting accused that he’s trying to be white, when he was a black man who had a skin disease (his son also has it, putting to death the rumour that Prince isn’t his child). He arguably made it worse on himself by not saying why his skin was slowly getting whiter and whiter from 1984-1990 and not explaining it until he went on Oprah in 1993. He should have said it pre-BAD tour but I understand why he didn’t.

Still not happy with nose, gets another nose job.

Nose job surgery is very **** (partially due to his lupus, which inhibits healing), has to get restorative surgeries to make his breathing easier because he’s a singer, therefore nose keeps getting thinner and thinner because you only have so much cartilage you can move around.

Not happy with his eyes, gets his eyelids tattooed.

Not happy with his chin, gets a cleft implant.

Weight fluctuates up and down, wants to keep that ideal ‘dancer physique’ so just dances for hours and hours. He used to burn 10 pounds during one of his 2-hour concerts, absolutely ridiculous. 

The man’s self esteem was completely shot by the time he was a teenager and he never really built it back. Had to keep on trying to fix “faults” that he saw, add in vitiligo which he got from his father and yeesh.

The following people thank AppleScruffJunior for this post:

Beatlebug, lovelyritametermaid, The Hole Got Fixed, ewe2, vonbontee, WeepingAtlasCedars

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

8 April 2020
6.38pm
Beatlebug

Moderators
22440sp_Permalink sp_Print

It’s a goddamn shame. He was such a talented, good-looking, charming young man, it’s just sad to think that someone with so much potential was so emotionally abused.

The Hole Got Fixed, WeepingAtlasCedars

([{BRACKETS!}])
whiteheart.png

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online: Richard
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2859
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5520
Newest Members:
NJtoTX, seo mavia, adamo3, katybphoto, sleeptalker
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22240, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694