Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
8 April 2020
7.06pm
SgtPeppersBulldog
Swinging London
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3157
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
22441sp_Permalink sp_Print

lovelyritametermaid said
a-hard-days-night-paul-7

Can we not resurrect that thing this week?ahdn_paul_01

The following people thank SgtPeppersBulldog for this post:

Beatlebug

"Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles... " 

2017: 

8 April 2020
7.35pm
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
Forum Posts: 8410
22442sp_Permalink sp_Print

SgtPeppersBulldog said

lovelyritametermaid said

a-hard-days-night-paul-7

Can we not resurrect that thing this week?ahdn_paul_01

Happy to not resurrect the thread it and instead make it my avatar?a-hard-days-night-paul-4ahdn_paul_02

#AppleHoley2024: Make America Great For The First Time
2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

8 April 2020
7.43pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24950
22443sp_Permalink sp_Print

Can folk be mindful what threads they are posting in. ‘The All-Purpose Getting-To-Know-BBers Questions Thread‘ is a catch-all for getting to know people which is the reason that the ‘Our Ages – Poll’ and ‘What Song Was #1 On The Day You Were Born’ have been locked. The forum was cleaned-up a while back to help keep the forum free from clutter and there is no little need to have them revived when suitable threads are active. 

If you have any questions or need help feel free to ask a mod or someone else via PM or post in ‘The Thread Search Thread‘ where anyone on the forum can help.

Apologies if this is not pleasing to you, we are not against these conversations, just trying to keep the forum tidy.

Thanks.

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

lovelyritametermaid, Beatlebug, The Hole Got Fixed, Getbackintheussr

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

9 April 2020
10.51am
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 16105
22444sp_Permalink sp_Print

They were being mindful. It’s generally better to go in a more specific thing relating to your topic than a more general one since it gets lost easier in the thread. Like posting a thread about Paul McCartney in the Paul McCartney section rather than the general Beatles section. Speaking of, there are three Linda threads active now. Should those be combined.

Though the bad side is that it makes threads less tidy. If you guys didn’t want people to post in topics, you should of locked them.

https://youtu.be/52nwiTs7bk8

Brainwashed by RadiantCowbells.

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

9 April 2020
11.11am
50yearslate
Playing on the roofs again
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 8759
22445sp_Permalink sp_Print

I think threads like the “our ages poll” that a) ask one simple question only and b) aren’t Beatles related probably don’t need to be open if we have the questions thread. It makes sense.

The following people thank 50yearslate for this post:

Beatlebug

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

2018:IMG_3980.PNG 2019: 00A040E0-7F67-413C-9CAB-AB4C27EB864A.png 2020:offtopic.png

9 April 2020
1.19pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24950
22446sp_Permalink sp_Print

Starr Shine? said
They were being mindful. It’s generally better to go in a more specific thing relating to your topic than a more general one since it gets lost easier in the thread. Like posting a thread about Paul McCartney in the Paul McCartney section rather than the general Beatles section. Speaking of, there are three Linda threads active now. Should those be combined.

Though the bad side is that it makes threads less tidy. If you guys didn’t want people to post in topics, you should of locked them.

There is no need to discuss your age in one sole thread when it can easily be discussed in the ‘All Purpose’ one, it’s called ‘All Purpose’ for a reason. It covers everything concerning getting to know everyone and age falls into that.

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

9 April 2020
1.27pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
22447sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’m 12.

The following people thank AppleScruffJunior for this post:

Beatlebug, QuarryMan, lovelyritametermaid, WeepingAtlasCedars

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

9 April 2020
1.34pm
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18181
22448sp_Permalink sp_Print

Working on an assignment noting all the classes I’ve taken and I just spent like ten whole minutes trying to remember the other class I took last semester, the one that wasn’t Public Speaking (which I definitely remember because I loved it), and I finally remembered it was British Lit and that I enjoyed it and liked my teacher and it wasn’t forgettable at all but for some reason I forgot it paul-mccartney-facepalm_gif

The following people thank Beatlebug for this post:

SgtPeppersBulldog, lovelyritametermaid, The Hole Got Fixed, sigh butterfly, WeepingAtlasCedars

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

9 April 2020
3.48pm
lovelyritametermaid
You can meet me after heavy rain has fallen
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1445
22449sp_Permalink sp_Print

I just realized that I’m gonna be the only girl among my friends during our Super Smash Bros. and Zoom hangout tonight. I’m not complaining or intimidated, but I can only imagine what my parents think about me spending my nights on Zoom calls with 6+ guys all swearing at each other over a video game. Wack. 

The following people thank lovelyritametermaid for this post:

Beatlebug, QuarryMan, WeepingAtlasCedars

"....When I cannot sing my heart, I can only speak my mind...." 

"....This ain't no party, this ain't no disco, this ain't no fooling around...."

||She/They ||

9 April 2020
3.55pm
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18181
22450sp_Permalink sp_Print

lovelyritametermaid said
I just realized that I’m gonna be the only girl among my friends during our Super Smash Bros. and Zoom hangout tonight. I’m not complaining or intimidated, but I can only imagine what my parents think about me spending my nights on Zoom calls with 6+ guys all swearing at each other over a video game. Wack.   

Hahahahaa this is just my entire social life, minus the video game and swearing (sort of) (I think I actually swear more than all my friends put together, but I don’t when my folks are around a-hard-days-night-john-6) I only have two female friends, and one lives in New Jersey so we’re long-distance so it’s effectively more like one (though everyone is long-distance right now ahdn_paul_01). mccartney-shrug_01_gif

The following people thank Beatlebug for this post:

lovelyritametermaid, QuarryMan, WeepingAtlasCedars

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

9 April 2020
11.14pm
lovelyritametermaid
Candlestick Park
Members
22451sp_Permalink sp_Print

I said

A summary of my night: I got my ass kicked multiple times but actually put up a good fight and won a couple matches in Super Smash Bros; I spent 75% of the night on FaceTime with only one of my friends because he had major tea to spill about his ex, and the rest of the night was spent on Zoom with just four of us left with our cameras turned off talking about the last two Harry Potter movies while swearing at each other over the game. The highlight of my night was seeing my friend’s Shiba Inu puppy though during the two seconds that he turned his camera on. 

TL;DR– had fun, saw puppy, am trying to set up other nights like this + NetflixParty with same group during our spring break paul-mccartney-thumb_gif

The following people thank lovelyritametermaid for this post:

sigh butterfly, meanmistermustard, QuarryMan, Beatlebug, 50yearslate, WeepingAtlasCedars

"....This ain't no party, this ain't no disco, this ain't no fooling around...."

||She/They ||

9 April 2020
11.50pm
sigh butterfly
Sea of Green (near the Golden Gate)
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4798
22452sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

@lovelyritametermaid sounds like a fun evening. I need to do something similar before I go nuts. The last human contact I’ve had (besides my wife and daughter) was on March 7th. Speaking of no contact, did you like the part of Deathly Hollows P1 when Harry and Hermione are hiding out in the wilderness. I enjoyed the movie slowing down with the little Nick Cave music interlude and dance. Other folks I saw it with were not so kind to that part of the movie, but maybe can relate more now.

ECa_uWaWwAAUfeJ.jpgImage Enlarger

The following people thank sigh butterfly for this post:

QuarryMan, Beatlebug, lovelyritametermaid

You and I have memories
Longer than the road that stretches out ahead

10 April 2020
3.39am
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
22453sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

^ I always thought the dancing was great, they’re two 17-year old sent off on a ridiculously dangerous mission, without practically any instructions by some doddery old coot (I am not fond of Dumbledore).

After months of not being successful and having lost their best friend, it’s no surprise that both of them are lonely and looking for any means of escapism even if it just goofy dancing to a song for a minute. I also like how it explores the potential for a Harry/Hermione relationship but Hermione ultimately shuts it down because it’s Ron she likes, not Harry.

It’s one of the best scenes in the Potter films hands down and I’m really happy it was created for DHP1, it really shows the age and innocence of the two of them, even though they’re in the middle of a war.

QuarryMan, Beatlebug, lovelyritametermaid, sigh butterfly

10 April 2020
4.45am
QuarryMan
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3759
22454sp_Permalink sp_Print

I agree, and plus the song choice is absolutely genius and a perfect fit for the film. I don’t know this for sure, but to me it’s obvious that the song is about the Holocaust from the perspective of the victims who were still children, which it gives it a really terrifying edge. It fits so well with the situation Harry and Hermione are in at that stage – as ASJ said, they’re two teenagers who have barely reached adulthood and are facing off almost entirely alone against a supremacist, genocidal threat.

I always found the songs lyrics “Hey little train, we’re jumping on, the train that goes to the kingdom” chilling enough in themselves, but when you apply that to Harry Potter it calls back to the childish fun of the first books/films and the excitement of the characters going on the Hogwarts Express, but also brings in a very dark tone when considering Rowling’s Holocaust allegory and the imagery in the lyrics.

The following people thank QuarryMan for this post:

lovelyritametermaid, 50yearslate, sigh butterfly

I've been up on the mountain, and I've seen his wondrous grace,
I've sat there on the barstool and I've looked him in the face.
He seemed a little haggard, but it did not slow him down,
he was humming to the neon of the universal sound. 

10 April 2020
11.23am
50yearslate
Apple rooftop
Members
22455sp_Permalink sp_Print

I haven’t seen the last two Harry Potter movies, oops… maybe a quarantine goal.

lovelyritametermaid

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

2018:IMG_3980.PNG 2019: 00A040E0-7F67-413C-9CAB-AB4C27EB864A.png 2020:offtopic.png

10 April 2020
1.00pm
QuarryMan
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3759
22456sp_Permalink sp_Print

50yearslate said
I haven’t seen the last two Harry Potter movies, oops… maybe a quarantine goal.

You should! A lot of people think part 1 is boring, and to some extent I agree, but I think if they had tried to put all of Deathly Hallows into one film it wouldn’t have worked. Part 2 is made a lot better for having time to spend on its major plot points. 

The following people thank QuarryMan for this post:

lovelyritametermaid

I've been up on the mountain, and I've seen his wondrous grace,
I've sat there on the barstool and I've looked him in the face.
He seemed a little haggard, but it did not slow him down,
he was humming to the neon of the universal sound. 

10 April 2020
2.25pm
50yearslate
Apple rooftop
Members
22457sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’ve been meaning to for years but I’m scared of being disappointed…

lovelyritametermaid

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

10 April 2020
2.40pm
lovelyritametermaid
Candlestick Park
Members
22458sp_Permalink sp_Print

“Goblet of Fire” is the best one anyways a-hard-days-night-paul-7

||She/They ||

10 April 2020
3.12pm
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
22459sp_Permalink sp_Print

^GoF is definitely the best book.

When I first saw DHP1 on its opening date, I didn’t like it. I thought it was too long and not very much happened. Every subsequent rewatching though I’ve loved it. I particularly love the sequence at the beginning where they’re all outside their homes, thinking about what’s going to happen to them and when/if they’ll see their families again, the older I get the sadder it is because they really are just children.

DHP2 is your very good action flick, it has its faults but it’s still very enjoyable.

I prefer P1 to P2 though.

lovelyritametermaid

10 April 2020
9.43pm
50yearslate
Apple rooftop
Members
22460sp_Permalink sp_Print

GoF the best book?!? I don’t know about that… I’ve always had a particular liking for 5 and 7, myself… at any rate I think 3-7 are better than 1 and 2, they have far more of a middle-grade feel to them. Not that I don’t like middle-grade, but I appreciate the complexity of the later books.

lovelyritametermaid

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online: Richard
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2859
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5510
Newest Members:
frankc, viv@nelsontraining.co.uk, bornhairyman, frankkilmore123@gmail.com, onlyanorthernsong
Moderators: Joe: 5691, meanmistermustard: 24950, Ahhh Girl: 22213, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5691