They flew back to London via New York. During their time in the US, the Harrisons spent time with Ravi Shankar and other Indian musicians, with The Beatles’ former publicist Derek Taylor, and with Pattie’s sister Jenny Boyd.
Also on this day...
- 2013: Paul McCartney live at Outside Lands festival, San Francisco
- 2010: Paul McCartney live at Air Canada Centre, Toronto
- 1968: Recording: Not Guilty, Mother Nature’s Son
- 1965: The Silkie record You’ve Got To Hide Your Love Away
- 1964: Live: Futurist Theatre, Scarborough
- 1963: Live: Springfield Ballroom, Jersey
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.