Following their sole concert on the island of Guernsey the night before, The Beatles flew back to Jersey on 9 August 1963. In the evening they gave the third of four concerts in Jersey.
The promoter was Les De La Mare, who paid £1,000 for the five Channel Islands bookings.
Also on this day...
- 2013: Paul McCartney live: Outside Lands festival, San Francisco
- 2010: Paul McCartney live: Air Canada Centre, Toronto
- 1968: Recording: Not Guilty, Mother Nature’s Son
- 1967: George and Pattie Harrison return from America
- 1965: The Silkie record You’ve Got To Hide Your Love Away
- 1964: Live: Futurist Theatre, Scarborough
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.