Following their sole concert on the island of Guernsey the night before, The Beatles flew back to Jersey. In the evening they gave the third of four concerts in Jersey.
The promoter was Les De La Mare, who paid £1,000 for the five Channel Islands bookings.
Also on this day...
- 2013: Paul McCartney live at Outside Lands festival, San Francisco
- 2010: Paul McCartney live at Air Canada Centre, Toronto
- 1968: Recording: Not Guilty, Mother Nature’s Son
- 1967: George and Pattie Harrison return from America
- 1965: The Silkie record You’ve Got To Hide Your Love Away
- 1964: Live: Futurist Theatre, Scarborough
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.