This was The Beatles’ second visit to Scarborough in Yorkshire; they had previously performed there on 11 December 1963. On both occasions they performed at the Futurist Theatre on South Bay.
Last updated: 21 March 2010
Also on this day...
- 2013: Paul McCartney live: Outside Lands festival, San Francisco
- 2010: Paul McCartney live: Air Canada Centre, Toronto
- 1968: Recording: Not Guilty, Mother Nature’s Son
- 1967: George and Pattie Harrison return from America
- 1965: The Silkie record You’ve Got To Hide Your Love Away
- 1963: Live: Springfield Ballroom, Jersey
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.
Also on this date, Dick Denney of Vox, met Mal Evans with the boys’ new AC100 amplifiers that would be taken to America. There is a photo of Denney and Evans shaking hands in front of the Futurist Theatre.