This was the final date of Another Beatles Christmas Show, which had begun on 24 December 1964 at London’s Hammersmith Odeon.
There were two shows on this night, with guest performers including Freddie And The Dreamers, Sounds Incorporated, Elkie Brooks, The Yardbirds, Michael Haslam, The Mike Cotton Sound and Ray Fell. The compère was Jimmy Savile.
The Beatles appeared in two sketches, one with Freddie Garrity of Freddie And The Dreamers, and another with Jimmy Savile. They closed the shows with an 11-song set: ‘Twist And Shout’, ‘I’m A Loser’, ‘Baby’s In Black’, ‘Everybody’s Trying To Be My Baby’, ‘Can’t Buy Me Love’, ‘Honey Don’t’, ‘I Feel Fine’, ‘She’s A Woman’, ‘A Hard Day’s Night’, ‘Rock And Roll Music’ and ‘Long Tall Sally’.
Also on this day...
- 2021: Phil Spector dies
- 1981: UK single release: Woman by John Lennon
- 1980: Paul McCartney is arrested in Japan for marijuana possession
- 1970: John Lennon’s Bag One exhibition is raided by police
- 1967: Joe Orton begins writing a script for The Beatles’ third film
- 1964: The Beatles reach number one in America
- 1964: Live: Olympia Theatre, Paris
- 1963: Radio: Here We Go
- 1963: Television: People And Places
- 1957: The Cavern Club opens in Mathew Street, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.