The Beatles appeared on two programmes in Manchester on this day. The first was for the Granada Television show People And Places.
At 3pm they began their rehearsal for the show in studio four of the Granada complex in Quay Street, Manchester. They spent an hour there before leaving for a second rehearsal at the city’s Playhouse Theatre, where they later recorded four songs for the Here We Go radio programme.
Also on this day...
- 2021: Phil Spector dies
- 1980: Paul McCartney is arrested in Japan for marijuana possession
- 1970: John Lennon’s Bag One exhibition is raided by police
- 1967: Joe Orton begins writing a script for The Beatles’ third film
- 1965: Live: Another Beatles Christmas Show
- 1964: The Beatles reach number one in America
- 1964: Live: Olympia Theatre, Paris
- 1963: Radio: Here We Go
- 1957: The Cavern Club opens in Mathew Street, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.