700 people packed in to the Civic Hall in Ellesmere Port to see The Beatles on this day – a sell-out for the venue.
This was The Beatles’ only booking in Ellesmere Port. Although a large industrial town on Merseyside, and just 19 miles from Liverpool, they didn’t play there on any other occasion.
Also on this day...
- 2008: Album release: Liverpool 8 by Ringo Starr
- 1970: Recording, mixing: Sentimental Journey, Love Is A Many Splendoured Thing by Ringo Starr
- 1969: Get Back/Let It Be sessions: day nine
- 1965: Live: Another Beatles Christmas Show
- 1964: Travel: John, Paul and George fly to Paris
- 1962: Live: Casbah Coffee Club, Liverpool
- 1961: Live: Aintree Institute, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.