The future Mrs Starkey accepted, of course, and the couple married at Caxton Hall on 11 February 1965.
The Ad Lib was, for a time, The Beatles' preferred nightclub, where they enjoyed almost regal status and had their own private table. It was a popular destination for famous faces from the world of fashion, film and music until its closure in 1966. It was at the Ad Lib that John Lennon, George Harrison and their partners went after their drinks were spiked with LSD in July 1965.
Also on this day...
- 2014: UK release: The US Albums
- 2013: McCartney demo of World Without Love is unveiled
- 1988: The Beatles are inducted into the Rock And Roll Hall of Fame
- 1982: Paul McCartney appears on the BBC’s Desert Island Discs
- 1970: John Lennon and Yoko Ono have their hair cropped in Denmark
- 1969: The Beatles meet at Apple’s basement studio
- 1967: Recording: A Day In The Life
- 1964: Live: Olympia Theatre, Paris
- 1964: US album release: Meet The Beatles!
- 1963: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1961: Live: Lathom Hall, Liverpool
- 1961: Stuart Sutcliffe leaves Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.