This was the last of six consecutive nights of concerts by The Beatles at Margate’s Winter Gardens. They played to two ‘houses’ each time.
The Beatles’ repertoire contained nine songs: Roll Over Beethoven, Thank You Girl, Chains, Please Please Me, A Taste Of Honey, I Saw Her Standing There, Baby It’s You, From Me To You and Twist And Shout.
Also on this day...
- 2019: Paul McCartney live at Dodger Stadium, Los Angeles
- 2014: Ringo Starr live at City National Civic, San Jose, California
- 2010: Paul McCartney live at Rio Tinto Stadium, Salt Lake City
- 1968: John Lennon introduces his aunt Mimi to Yoko Ono
- 1965: Lennon and McCartney receive five Ivor Novello awards
- 1964: US single release: A Hard Day’s Night
- 1962: Live: Tower Ballroom, New Brighton, Wallasey
- 1961: Live: St John’s Hall, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.