This was the last of six consecutive nights of concerts by The Beatles at Margate’s Winter Gardens. They played to two ‘houses’ each time.
The Beatles’ repertoire contained nine songs: ‘Roll Over Beethoven’, ‘Thank You Girl’, ‘Chains’, ‘Please Please Me’, ‘A Taste Of Honey’, ‘I Saw Her Standing There’, ‘Baby It’s You’, ‘From Me To You’ and ‘Twist And Shout’.
Also on this day...
- 2019: Paul McCartney live at Dodger Stadium, Los Angeles
- 2014: Ringo Starr live at City National Civic, San Jose, California
- 2010: Paul McCartney live at Rio Tinto Stadium, Salt Lake City
- 1992: UK album release: Live In Japan by George Harrison
- 1968: John Lennon introduces his aunt Mimi to Yoko Ono
- 1965: Lennon and McCartney receive five Ivor Novello awards
- 1964: US single release: A Hard Day’s Night
- 1962: Live: Tower Ballroom, New Brighton, Wallasey
- 1961: Live: St John’s Hall, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.