This was the fifth of six consecutive days in which The Beatles performed at Margate’s Winter Gardens. They performed to two different ‘houses’ each time.
Their set throughout contained nine songs: ‘Roll Over Beethoven’, ‘Thank You Girl’, ‘Chains’, ‘Please Please Me’, ‘A Taste Of Honey’, ‘I Saw Her Standing There’, ‘Baby It’s You’, ‘From Me To You’ and ‘Twist And Shout’.
Last updated: 6 March 2010
Also on this day...
- 2022: The Beatles and Paul McCartney receive eight Emmy Awards nominations
- 2014: Ringo Starr live: Santa Barbara Bowl, Santa Barbara, California
- 2014: Paul McCartney live: Fargodome, Fargo, North Dakota
- 2013: Paul McCartney live: Nationals Park, Washington, DC
- 2008: George Martin is honoured by the Grammy Foundation
- 1968: Recording, mixing: Don’t Pass Me By, Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da, Revolution
- 1966: The Beatles receive three Ivor Novello awards
- 1964: Live: Hippodrome, Brighton
- 1963: UK EP release: Twist And Shout
- 1962: Live: Majestic Ballroom, Birkenhead
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1958: Recording: In Spite Of All The Danger, That’ll Be The Day
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.