This was the fifth of six consecutive days in which The Beatles performed at Margate’s Winter Gardens. They performed to two different ‘houses’ each time.
Their set throughout contained nine songs: Roll Over Beethoven, Thank You Girl, Chains, Please Please Me, A Taste Of Honey, I Saw Her Standing There, Baby It’s You, From Me To You and Twist And Shout.
Also on this day...
- 2014: Ringo Starr live at Santa Barbara Bowl, Santa Barbara, California
- 2014: Paul McCartney live at Fargodome, Fargo, North Dakota
- 2013: Paul McCartney live at Nationals Park, Washington, DC
- 2008: George Martin is honoured by the Grammy Foundation
- 1968: Recording, mixing: Don’t Pass Me By, Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da, Revolution
- 1966: The Beatles receive three Ivor Novello awards
- 1964: Live: Hippodrome, Brighton
- 1963: UK EP release: Twist And Shout
- 1962: Live: Majestic Ballroom, Birkenhead
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1958: Recording: In Spite Of All The Danger, That’ll Be The Day
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.