The Beatles gave their 114th lunchtime performance at Liverpool’s Cavern Club on this day.
The group’s lunchtime shows typically lasted from 12-2pm. This was their 195th known performance overall at the soon-to-be-famous cellar venue on Mathew Street in Liverpool’s city centre, including evening appearances.
Also on this day...
- 2014: Ringo Starr live at Santa Barbara Bowl, Santa Barbara, California
- 2014: Paul McCartney live at Fargodome, Fargo, North Dakota
- 2013: Paul McCartney live at Nationals Park, Washington, DC
- 2008: George Martin is honoured by the Grammy Foundation
- 1968: Recording, mixing: Don’t Pass Me By, Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da, Revolution
- 1966: The Beatles receive three Ivor Novello awards
- 1964: Live: Hippodrome, Brighton
- 1963: Live: Winter Gardens, Margate
- 1963: UK EP release: Twist And Shout
- 1962: Live: Majestic Ballroom, Birkenhead
- 1958: Recording: In Spite Of All The Danger, That’ll Be The Day
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.