Credited to George Harrison with Eric Clapton and Band, it was the last album to be released in Harrison’s lifetime, and the follow-up to the hugely successful Cloud Nine.
Live In Japan was released on 13 July 1992 in the United Kingdom, and the following day in North America.
The album did not chart in the UK, and peaked at number 126 on the Billboard 200. In Japan it reached number 15 on the Oricon chart.
Also on this day...
- 2019: Paul McCartney live at Dodger Stadium, Los Angeles
- 2014: Ringo Starr live at City National Civic, San Jose, California
- 2010: Paul McCartney live at Rio Tinto Stadium, Salt Lake City
- 1968: John Lennon introduces his aunt Mimi to Yoko Ono
- 1965: Lennon and McCartney receive five Ivor Novello awards
- 1964: US single release: A Hard Day’s Night
- 1963: Live: Winter Gardens, Margate
- 1962: Live: Tower Ballroom, New Brighton, Wallasey
- 1961: Live: St John’s Hall, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.