On this day The Beatles’ 104th evening show at the Cavern Club took place. It was also the 40th occasion on which they performed both lunchtime and evening shows at the venue.
Overall this was their 239th appearance at the underground Mathew Street venue, including their lunchtime shows.
Also on this day...
- 2008: Paul McCartney plays landmark concert in Israel
- 1974: US album release: Walls And Bridges by John Lennon
- 1969: UK album release: Abbey Road
- 1968: Mixing: Happiness Is A Warm Gun, What’s The New Mary Jane, Glass Onion, I Will
- 1967: Recording: The Fool On The Hill
- 1966: Brian Epstein is hospitalised in London
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1960: Live: Indra Club, Hamburg
- 1959: Live: Casbah Coffee Club, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.