This was The Beatles’ 41st of 48 consecutive nights performing at the Indra Club in Hamburg, Germany.
They were contracted to perform for four and a half hours each weekday night, from 8-9.30pm, 10-11pm, 11.30pm-12.30am and 1-2am.
They also had to play for six hours on Saturdays, from 7-8.30pm, 9-10pm, 10.30-11.30pm, 12-1am, and 1.30-3am. Sunday hours were 5-6pm, 6.30-7.30pm, 8-9pm, 9.30-10.30pm, 11-12 midnight and 12.30-1.30am.
Last updated: 26 May 2015
Also on this day...
- 2008: Paul McCartney plays landmark concert in Israel
- 2006: US album release: Ecce Cor Meum by Paul McCartney
- 1974: US album release: Walls And Bridges by John Lennon
- 1969: UK album release: Abbey Road
- 1968: Mixing: Happiness Is A Warm Gun, What’s The New Mary Jane, Glass Onion, I Will
- 1967: Recording: The Fool On The Hill
- 1966: Brian Epstein is hospitalised in London
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1959: Live: Casbah Coffee Club, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.