On this day The Beatles gave their 136th lunchtime performance at Liverpool’s Cavern Club.
The group’s lunchtime shows typically lasted from 12-2pm. This was their 240th known appearance overall at the soon-to-be-famous cellar venue on Mathew Street in Liverpool’s city centre, including the evening events.
Also on this day...
- 2014: Paul McCartney live: Petco Park, San Diego, California
- 2010: Cilla Black unveils London plaque for Brian Epstein
- 1970: US album release: Beaucoups Of Blues by Ringo Starr
- 1969: Recording: Cold Turkey by Plastic Ono Band
- 1967: Recording, mixing, editing: I Am The Walrus, Flying
- 1962: Live: Riverboat Shuffle, MV Royal Iris, River Mersey
- 1961: Live: Litherland Town Hall, Liverpool
- 1960: Live: Indra Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.