This was The Beatles’ 17th show at Litherland Town Hall, which had been the scene of their triumphant homecoming performance on 27 December 1960, following their first trip to Hamburg.
This was The Beatles’ last of four Litherland performances in September 1961. They played at the venue on 20 separate occasions between December 1960 and 9 November 1961.
Last updated: 26 May 2015
Also on this day...
- 2014: Paul McCartney live: Petco Park, San Diego, California
- 2010: Cilla Black unveils London plaque for Brian Epstein
- 1970: US album release: Beaucoups Of Blues by Ringo Starr
- 1969: Recording: Cold Turkey by Plastic Ono Band
- 1967: Recording, mixing, editing: I Am The Walrus, Flying
- 1962: Live: Riverboat Shuffle, MV Royal Iris, River Mersey
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1960: Live: Indra Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.