The Beatles gave their 42nd lunchtime performance at Liverpool’s Cavern Club on this day.
The group’s lunchtime shows typically lasted from 12-2pm. This was their 59th known appearance overall at the soon-to-be-famous cellar venue on Mathew Street in Liverpool’s city centre.
Also on this day...
- 2015: The Beatles’ contract with Brian Epstein sells for £365,000
- 1997: UK album release: Standing Stone by Paul McCartney
- 1969: Mixing: Cold Turkey by Plastic Ono Band
- 1967: Recording, mixing, editing: I Am The Walrus, Your Mother Should Know
- 1967: Television: The Frost Programme
- 1964: Recording: Every Little Thing, I Don’t Want To Spoil The Party, What You’re Doing
- 1962: Live: Oasis Club, Manchester
- 1961: Live: Knotty Ash Village Hall, Liverpool
- 1960: Live: Indra Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.