The single contained a remix of the song, made by Alan Parsons at Abbey Road. It had already been released in the UK on 5 September.
The single was not as successful as its predecessor, ‘Listen To What The Man Said’. ‘Letting Go’ peaked at 39 on the Billboard Hot 100, and 41 on the UK singles chart.
Also on this day...
- 2015: The Beatles’ contract with Brian Epstein sells for £365,000
- 1997: UK album release: Standing Stone by Paul McCartney
- 1969: Mixing: Cold Turkey by Plastic Ono Band
- 1967: Recording, mixing, editing: I Am The Walrus, Your Mother Should Know
- 1967: Television: The Frost Programme
- 1964: Recording: Every Little Thing, I Don’t Want To Spoil The Party, What You’re Doing
- 1962: Live: Oasis Club, Manchester
- 1961: Live: Knotty Ash Village Hall, Liverpool
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1960: Live: Indra Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.