The second single from Wings’ fourth album Venus And Mars, ‘Letting Go’ was released in the United Kingdom on 5 September 1975.
The single contained a remix of the song, made by Alan Parsons at Abbey Road. It was released in the United States on 29 September.
The single was not as successful as its predecessor, ‘Listen To What The Man Said’. ‘Letting Go’ peaked at 39 on the Billboard Hot 100, and 41 on the UK singles chart.
Last updated: 21 September 2021
Also on this day...
- 2018: Ringo Starr live: Stephens Auditorium, Ames, Iowa
- 1968: Recording: While My Guitar Gently Weeps
- 1967: Recording: I Am The Walrus
- 1966: John Lennon flies to Hanover, Germany
- 1964: Live: International Amphitheatre, Chicago
- 1963: Live: Gaumont Cinema, Taunton
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1960: Live: Indra Club, Hamburg
- 1959: Live: Casbah Coffee Club, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.