This was The Beatles’ 33rd lunchtime performance at the Cavern Club on Mathew Street, Liverpool.
The group had been booked to perform in the evening too, and adverts appeared in the local press. However, the booking was rearranged for the following night instead.
The Beatles’ lunchtime shows typically lasted from 12-2pm. This was their 46th known appearance overall, including evening shows, at the soon-to-be-famous cellar venue.
Also on this day...
- 2018: Ringo Starr live at Stephens Auditorium, Ames, Iowa, USA
- 1968: Recording: While My Guitar Gently Weeps
- 1967: Recording: I Am The Walrus
- 1966: John Lennon flies to Hanover, Germany
- 1964: Live: International Amphitheatre, Chicago
- 1963: Live: Gaumont Cinema, Taunton
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1960: Live: Indra Club, Hamburg
- 1959: Live: Casbah Coffee Club, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.