The Beatles’ 17th evening show at the Cavern Club took place on this date.
On this occasion they shared a bill with two other acts: Gerry and the Pacemakers and Mark Peters and the Cyclones.
Overall this was their 58th appearance at the Mathew Street venue, including their lunchtime shows.
Also on this day...
- 2012: Apple to reissue The Beatles’ UK albums on vinyl
- 2009: McCartney school essay discovered 50 years on
- 1967: Recording, mixing: I Am The Walrus
- 1964: Ringo Starr judges the National Beat Group Competition
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1960: Live: Indra Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.