The Beatles’ 17th evening show at the Cavern Club took place on this date.
On this occasion they shared a bill with two other acts: Gerry and the Pacemakers and Mark Peters and the Cyclones.
The precise number of The Beatles’ Cavern performances is not known, although they played at least 155 lunchtime and 125 evening shows between 9 February 1961 and 3 August 1963.
Overall this was their 58th appearance at the Mathew Street venue, including their lunchtime shows.
Last updated: 26 June 2012
Also on this day...
- 2012: Apple to reissue The Beatles’ UK albums on vinyl
- 2009: McCartney school essay discovered 50 years on
- 1976: US album release: Ringo’s Rotogravure by Ringo Starr
- 1967: Recording, mixing: I Am The Walrus
- 1964: Ringo Starr judges the National Beat Group Competition
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1960: Live: Indra Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.