Ecce Cor Meum, Paul McCartney’s fourth album of classical music, was released in the United States on 26 September 2006.
The piece was written in English and Latin, with a score for orchestra and choir. Its title translates as ‘Behold my heart’, and in a religious context refers to the sacred heart of Jesus. The words Ecce Cor Meum featured as a motto on McCartney’s coat of arms.
Ecce Cor Meum was released in the UK on 25 September 2006, where it topped the classical charts.
It was issued on the following day in the USA, and reached number two on the classical charts.
In addition to the conventional compact disc release, there was a deluxe edition with an embossed cover and 60-page booklet, which was deleted after initial orders had been sold.
Also on this day...
- 2008: Paul McCartney plays landmark concert in Israel
- 1974: US album release: Walls And Bridges by John Lennon
- 1969: UK album release: Abbey Road
- 1968: Mixing: Happiness Is A Warm Gun, What’s The New Mary Jane, Glass Onion, I Will
- 1967: Recording: The Fool On The Hill
- 1966: Brian Epstein is hospitalised in London
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1960: Live: Indra Club, Hamburg
- 1959: Live: Casbah Coffee Club, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.