This was The Beatles’ 135th lunchtime performance at Liverpool’s Cavern Club. It was also the 40th occasion on which they performed both lunchtime and evening shows at the venue.
The group’s lunchtime shows typically lasted from 12-2pm. This was their 238th known appearance overall at the soon-to-be-famous cellar venue on Mathew Street in Liverpool’s city centre.
Also on this day...
- 2008: Paul McCartney plays landmark concert in Israel
- 2006: US album release: Ecce Cor Meum by Paul McCartney
- 1974: US album release: Walls And Bridges by John Lennon
- 1969: UK album release: Abbey Road
- 1968: Mixing: Happiness Is A Warm Gun, What’s The New Mary Jane, Glass Onion, I Will
- 1967: Recording: The Fool On The Hill
- 1966: Brian Epstein is hospitalised in London
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1960: Live: Indra Club, Hamburg
- 1959: Live: Casbah Coffee Club, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.