Studio Two (control room), EMI Studios, Abbey Road
Producer: Chris Thomas
Engineer: Ken Scott
‘What’s The New Mary Jane’ had been recorded on 14 August 1968 by John Lennon, Yoko Ono and George Harrison. Although it was considered a contender for the White Album until shortly before its release, it remained in the EMI vaults until 1996’s Anthology 3.
Also on this day...
- 2008: Paul McCartney plays landmark concert in Israel
- 2006: US album release: Ecce Cor Meum by Paul McCartney
- 1974: US album release: Walls And Bridges by John Lennon
- 1969: UK album release: Abbey Road
- 1967: Recording: The Fool On The Hill
- 1966: Brian Epstein is hospitalised in London
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1960: Live: Indra Club, Hamburg
- 1959: Live: Casbah Coffee Club, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.