Studio Two (control room), EMI Studios, Abbey Road
Producer: Chris Thomas
Engineer: Jeff Jarratt
Stereo mixes of Oh! Darling were made on this day, in the control room of Studio Three.
The recording of Oh! Darling had begun on 20 April 1969, and a first rough mix had been made at the end of that session. More overdubs were added on 26 April, and it was from this that today’s mixes were made.
Three stereo mixes were made, numbered 2-4, in a session lasting from 2.30-7pm. Again, none was used, as Paul McCartney re-recorded his lead vocals a number of times as the Abbey Road sessions progressed.
Also on this day...
- 2014: Paul McCartney live at Estadio Nacional de Costa Rica, San José, Costa Rica
- 1969: Mixing: John And Yoko
- 1966: NME Poll-Winners’ show: The Beatles’ final UK concert
- 1964: Radio: From Us To You
- 1962: Live: Star-Club, Hamburg
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.