This was The Beatles’ 18th of 48 nights at Hamburg’s Star-Club, the city’s newest rock ‘n’ roll venue.
The Beatles played three separate residencies at the club in 1962. This was the first, and saw the group perform for a total of 172 hours over seven weeks. Their only night off was Good Friday, 20 April.
It was The Beatles’ third residency in a Hamburg club within two years, and followed a series of shows at the Indra, the Kaiserkeller and the Top Ten Club.
Also on this day...
- 2014: Paul McCartney live: Estadio Nacional de Costa Rica, San José, Costa Rica
- 2012: Album release: Early Takes Volume 1 by George Harrison
- 1969: Mixing: John And Yoko
- 1969: Mixing: Oh! Darling
- 1966: NME Poll-Winners’ show: The Beatles’ final UK concert
- 1964: Radio: From Us To You
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.