This was The Beatles’ 19th of 48 nights at Hamburg’s Star-Club, the city’s newest rock ‘n’ roll venue.
The Beatles played three separate residencies at the club in 1962. This was the first, and saw the group perform for a total of 172 hours over seven weeks. Their only night off was Good Friday, 20 April.
It was The Beatles’ third residency in a Hamburg club within two years, and followed a series of shows at the Indra, the Kaiserkeller and the Top Ten Club.
Also on this day...
- 2022: Paul McCartney live at Climate Pledge Arena, Seattle
- 2015: Paul McCartney live at Olympic Stadium, Seoul, South Korea
- 1969: Recording: Something
- 1969: Television: John Lennon and Yoko Ono are interviewed for How Late It Is
- 1966: Paul McCartney, Bob Dylan and The Rolling Stones visit Dolly’s nightclub, London
- 1966: Radio: Saturday Club, Pop Profile
- 1965: The Beatles arrive in Amesbury, Wiltshire
- 1964: Paul McCartney, Jane Asher, Ringo Starr and Maureen Cox fly to Lisbon
- 1964: John and Cynthia Lennon, George Harrison and Pattie Boyd fly to Hawaii
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.