George’s wife Pattie was one of the models. The event took place at the Revolution club at 14-16 Bruton Place in London’s Mayfair.
The show was organised by the exclusive boutique Quorum, and showcased designs by Ossie Clark and the boutique’s owner, Alice Pollock.
Pathé newsreel footage from the event shows Pattie modelling some of the the designs, including African Queen and Powder Puff. There are also shots of George, John and Magic Alex sitting at a table in the club.
Also on this day...
- 2014: The Beatles win lifetime achievement award at the Grammys
- 1991: Television: Paul McCartney on MTV Unplugged
- 1969: Get Back/Let It Be sessions: day 16
- 1968: The Beatles film their Yellow Submarine appearance
- 1967: Mixing: Penny Lane
- 1965: John and Cynthia Lennon holiday in the Swiss Alps
- 1964: Live: Olympia Theatre, Paris
- 1963: Live: Co-operative Hall, Darwen
- 1961: Live: Hambleton Hall, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.