A US-only single was released on this day, as Capitol 5587.
The single featured two songs from the Rubber Soul album, which had been released the previous December.
The lead song was ‘Nowhere Man’, with ‘What Goes On’ on the b-side.
Last updated: 25 May 2012
Also on this day...
- 2015: Ringo Starr live: Hard Rock Hotel, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
- 2010: EMI: Abbey Road is not for sale
- 1975: UK album release: Rock ‘N’ Roll by John Lennon
- 1972: Wings live: Birmingham University
- 1970: Mixing: The Lovely Linda, Momma Miss America, Glasses, Singalong Junk by Paul McCartney
- 1967: Recording, mixing: Fixing A Hole
- 1964: Travel: Miami to New York to London
- 1963: Live: Majestic Ballroom, Birkenhead
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1961: Live: Litherland Town Hall, Liverpool
- 1961: Live: Cassanova Club, Liverpool
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.
This single was released in Canada as well and I am pretty sure in other countries such as the Philippines.
Although those two songs were on the UK version of the Rubber Soul album, they were not on the US version, so it appears this was the first appearance of there two songs on record in the US.