The Beatles gave their 87th lunchtime performance at Liverpool’s Cavern Club on this day. It was also the 21st occasion on which they performed both lunchtime and evening shows at the venue.
The group’s lunchtime shows typically lasted from 12-2pm. This was their 139th known performance overall at the soon-to-be-famous cellar venue on Mathew Street in Liverpool’s city centre, including evening appearances.
Although the precise number of The Beatles’ Cavern performances is not known, they played at least 155 lunchtime and 125 evening shows between 9 February 1961 and 3 August 1963.
Last updated: 25 May 2015
Also on this day...
- 2015: Ringo Starr live: Hard Rock Hotel, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
- 2010: EMI: Abbey Road is not for sale
- 1975: UK album release: Rock ‘N’ Roll by John Lennon
- 1972: Wings live: Birmingham University
- 1970: Mixing: The Lovely Linda, Momma Miss America, Glasses, Singalong Junk by Paul McCartney
- 1967: Recording, mixing: Fixing A Hole
- 1966: US single release: Nowhere Man
- 1964: Travel: Miami to New York to London
- 1963: Live: Majestic Ballroom, Birkenhead
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1961: Live: Litherland Town Hall, Liverpool
- 1961: Live: Cassanova Club, Liverpool
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.