On this day The Beatles’ 53rd evening show at the Cavern Club took place. It was also the 21st occasion on which they performed both lunchtime and evening shows at the venue.
The bill was The Beatles with Ken Dallas and the Silhouettes, and Steve Day and the Drifters (formerly Wump and his Werbles). Overall this was The Beatles’ 140th appearance at the underground Mathew Street venue, including their lunchtime shows.
The precise number of The Beatles’ Cavern performances is not known, although they played at least 155 lunchtime and 125 evening shows between 9 February 1961 and 3 August 1963.
Last updated: 5 October 2012
Also on this day...
- 2015: Ringo Starr live: Hard Rock Hotel, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
- 2010: EMI: Abbey Road is not for sale
- 1975: UK album release: Rock ‘N’ Roll by John Lennon
- 1972: Wings live: Birmingham University
- 1970: Mixing: The Lovely Linda, Momma Miss America, Glasses, Singalong Junk by Paul McCartney
- 1967: Recording, mixing: Fixing A Hole
- 1966: US single release: Nowhere Man
- 1964: Travel: Miami to New York to London
- 1963: Live: Majestic Ballroom, Birkenhead
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1961: Live: Litherland Town Hall, Liverpool
- 1961: Live: Cassanova Club, Liverpool
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.