On this day The Beatles gave their 88th lunchtime performance at Liverpool’s Cavern Club.
The group’s lunchtime shows typically lasted from 12-2pm. This was their 141st known appearance overall at the soon-to-be-famous cellar venue on Mathew Street in Liverpool’s city centre, including the evening events.
Although the precise number of The Beatles’ Cavern performances is not known, they played at least 155 lunchtime and 125 evening shows between 9 February 1961 and 3 August 1963.
Last updated: 25 May 2015
Also on this day...
- 2016: New organisation aims to maximise Beatles tourism in Liverpool
- 1979: UK album release: George Harrison by George Harrison
- 1972: Wings live: Oxford University
- 1969: Editing: I Want You (She’s So Heavy)
- 1967: Recording, mixing, editing: A Day In The Life, Lovely Rita
- 1965: The Beatles begin filming Help! in the Bahamas
- 1965: Mixing: Yes It Is, You’ve Got To Hide Your Love Away, If You’ve Got Trouble, Tell Me What You See, I Need You, Another Girl, Ticket To Ride, You Like Me Too Much, The Night Before, You’re Going To Lose That Girl, That Means A Lot
- 1964: Television: Big Night Out
- 1963: Live: Granada Cinema, Mansfield
- 1962: Live: Technical College Hall, Birkenhead
- 1962: Live: Tower Ballroom, New Brighton, Wallasey
- 1961: Stuart Sutcliffe is interviewed for a teaching diploma at Liverpool College of Art
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.