The day after their concert at the Palais des Expositions in Nice, France, The Beatles flew to Madrid in Spain.
The flight departed at 3.45pm. Upon their arrival The Beatles visited the Jerez de la Frontera vineyard, and Brian Epstein watched a bullfight at the Plaza de Toros de Las Ventas, where the group performed the next day.
Also on this day...
- 2018: Ringo Starr live: Palacio Euskalduna, Bilbao, Spain
- 2014: Ringo Starr live: Toledo Zoo Amphitheatre, Toledo, Ohio
- 2010: Paul McCartney performs at Old Vic theatre fundraiser
- 1969: Recording: You Never Give Me Your Money
- 1969: John Lennon crashes his car in Scotland
- 1968: Recording: Everybody’s Got Something To Hide Except Me And My Monkey
- 1968: John Lennon and Yoko Ono launch art exhibition You Are Here
- 1966: Live: Nippon Budokan Hall, Tokyo
- 1964: Travel: Australia to England
- 1963: Recording: She Loves You, I’ll Get You
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.