The third recording session for ‘Everybody’s Got Something To Hide Except Me And My Monkey’ saw more overdubs added to take eight of the song.
Two reduction mixes were then made, which took the song into take 10. This made room for John Lennon’s lead vocals, which were replaced by another attempt on 23 July.
Also on this day...
- 2018: Ringo Starr live: Palacio Euskalduna, Bilbao, Spain
- 2014: Ringo Starr live: Toledo Zoo Amphitheatre, Toledo, Ohio
- 2010: Paul McCartney performs at Old Vic theatre fundraiser
- 1969: Recording: You Never Give Me Your Money
- 1969: John Lennon crashes his car in Scotland
- 1968: John Lennon and Yoko Ono launch art exhibition You Are Here
- 1966: Live: Nippon Budokan Hall, Tokyo
- 1965: Travel: Nice to Madrid
- 1964: Travel: Australia to England
- 1963: Recording: She Loves You, I’ll Get You
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.