The Beatles’ only concert in Nice, France took place at 9pm at the Palais des Expositions, situated on the Esplanade Maréchal de Lattre de Tassigny.
The group had flown to Nice on the previous day. They spent two nights in the French city before leaving for Madrid in Spain on 1 July 1965.
Here they are on the balcony of the Imperial Suite at the Hotel Négresco:
Throughout their European Tour in June and July 1965 The Beatles’ live set consisted of 12 songs: ‘Twist And Shout’, ‘She’s A Woman’, ‘I’m A Loser’, ‘Can’t Buy Me Love’, ‘Baby’s In Black’, ‘I Wanna Be Your Man’, ‘A Hard Day’s Night’, ‘Everybody’s Trying To Be My Baby’, ‘Rock And Roll Music’, ‘I Feel Fine’, ‘Ticket To Ride’ and ‘Long Tall Sally’.
After the concert the group went to the La Fiesta nightclub, where they enjoyed racing each other and members of the touring party on the club’s go-kart track.
Also on this day...
- 1968: Paul McCartney records Thingumybob by Black Dyke Mills Band
- 1966: Live: Nippon Budokan Hall, Tokyo
- 1964: Live: Festival Hall, Brisbane, Australia
- 1963: Live: ABC Cinema, Great Yarmouth
- 1962: Live: Heswall Jazz Club, Wirral
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
- 1960: Live: The Institute, Neston, Wirral
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.