This was The Beatles' second of three performances at the Heswall Jazz Club, which took place at Barnston Women's Institute in Heswall, Wirral.
Also on the bill were The Big Three. Entry cost seven shillings and sixpence, and doors opened at 7.30pm.
Also on this day...
- 1968: Paul McCartney records Thingumybob by Black Dyke Mills Band
- 1966: Live: Nippon Budokan Hall, Tokyo
- 1965: Live: Palais des Expositions, Nice, France
- 1964: Live: Festival Hall, Brisbane, Australia
- 1963: Live: ABC Cinema, Great Yarmouth
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
- 1960: Live: The Institute, Neston, Wirral
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.