This was The Beatles’ second of three performances at the Heswall Jazz Club, which took place at Barnston Women’s Institute in Heswall, Wirral.
Also on the bill were The Big Three. Entry cost seven shillings and sixpence, and doors opened at 7.30pm.
Their other performances at the venue were 24 March and 25 September 1962.
Last updated: 8 October 2012
Also on this day...
- 1968: Paul McCartney records Thingumybob by Black Dyke Mills Band
- 1966: Live: Nippon Budokan Hall, Tokyo
- 1965: Live: Palais des Expositions, Nice, France
- 1964: Live: Festival Hall, Brisbane, Australia
- 1963: Live: ABC Cinema, Great Yarmouth
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
- 1960: Live: The Institute, Neston, Wirral
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.
AS someone who has lived on the Wirral all my life and been resident in Heswall for many years I can say that Barnston is a neighbouring place to Heswall and is not actually part of it. Just in case anyone looking at this page thought otherwise.