The Beatles’ 1964 world tour ended on this night, with two shows at the Festival Hall in Brisbane. Each of the concerts was seen by 5,500 fans.
During the day they took two hire cars to the Gold Coast, where they spent time relaxing on a stretch of sand between Broadbeach and Surfers Paradise.
The Beatles returned to Lennons Hotel in Brisbane after their second concert of the night. The following day they began their long return journey back to England.
Also on this day...
- 1968: Paul McCartney records Thingumybob by Black Dyke Mills Band
- 1966: Live: Nippon Budokan Hall, Tokyo
- 1965: Live: Palais des Expositions, Nice, France
- 1963: Live: ABC Cinema, Great Yarmouth
- 1962: Live: Heswall Jazz Club, Wirral
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
- 1960: Live: The Institute, Neston, Wirral
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.